Studying the US Constitution for homeschool and looking at the powers granted Congress. My son made the point Congress is all about the money.
First 5 powers of Congress as listed in order:
1. Can take money from citizens (taxes)
2. Can get credit (establish a national debt)
3. Can regulate money inside and outside the nation (taxes, tariffs)
4. Can determine who it can take money from (who is a citizen and who can declare bankruptcy)
5. Can make money and decide what it’s worth.
And you think our government is all about Freedom of Speech. No, Freedom of Speech is way at the end. In an addendum. Oh, you thought the Bill of Rights was like a whole document in itself? Addendum.